Method of Sale: When it comes to selling your property, there are two popular methods to choose from:
- Private Treaty
Each has its own advantages and it is advisable to speak to your agent about the benefits that suit your property.
Price: Owners and agents do not decide what a property is worth. The agent is to be a "translator" in the overall market determination of the current 'worth' of a property - a specific price, at a specific time.
Preparation of your home: The preparation you put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standard price and getting a great price. And, the best part is, it's not hard, time consuming or expensive. The objective is to obtain a clean, spacious welcoming feel.
- Inside the home: remove rubbish & cobwebs, clean windows, check for odour smells - animals, strong food or cigarette.
- Clean all areas including bathroom & kitchen
- Remove all personal clutter - create more space but leave some personal or travel photos to give a welcoming feeling. Remove any broken furniture.
- Repairs: making any minor repairs to the property. Don't get carried away & don't over spend.
- Garden: tidy up, cut lawns, remove weeds, prune trees & shrubs
- Pool: clean, tidy up equipment and display outdoor furniture in an attractive manner.
- Certificates: make sure your home is up to date with all compliances including pool & renovations.
Inspection day: make sure the property is well presented. The smell of percolated coffee or insent burning or fresh flowers makes the home feel inviting.
Expect inconvenience - keeping your home presentable and going out during viewing times can be expected during the selling period.
Work together with your consultant in obtaining the best feedback about your property.
Marketing & Advertising: you will be presented with an advertising & marketing campaign designed for your property.